Monday, April 15, 2013

Prayer

    Today as I was getting ready to post my week of photos, my computer goofed up. So I don't have all my pictures right now. Hopefully by tonight. Anyway, that's part of my challenge, but I have a different one for you.

The Boston Marathon was bombed today. As I'm posting this, I don't know much except for the fact that there were two explosions, and a controlled one. I've heard that 23 are injured and two killed, but that's not the final count. So, I sat there after receiving the news and prayed. I encourage you to do the same. And I challenge you to continue praying even after you've run out of words. To just sit there in silence. For, Romans 8:26 says, "Likewise the Spirit also helps our weakness: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought but the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

Sunday morning our Pastor talked partially about just being still. We are so caught up in our lives, with technology, with work, with school, and with people. None of those things are bad, or evil, unless we use them as excuses to not just sit, and spend time with God. I've seen myself doing it more and more. Saying, oh, I have to go do this, this, and this, so I'll have to put off devotions, or praying right now. This world is hurting, and although sitting there and praying won't necessarily change the world, it will change you.



           Also, while you pray for people, please keep Ryan's family in your prayers - their blog.

Be sure not to get bogged down in the cares of this world. Fix your eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith. Phil. 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." No matter what happens or has happened. Jesus won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure that your comments are appropriate and mature, as well as respectful of others' viewpoints. We welcome your feedback and discussion, but will delete any inappropriate comments.