Friday, June 7, 2013

A to Z

Well, I’ve been quite busy lately... so I apologize for my absence!! Now that I have some free time, I should be posting more. :) However, the posts I’m working on at the moment will take a bit more work than simply sitting down to write. So until then, here’s a quick and easy A to Z survey, so you can all get to know me better! :) 

 Thanks to Kelli at She Learns as She Goes for this survey! Also thank you to Claudia over at Lashes and Beard, where Kelli originally got it. ;)

 A // Available or Married?
…. How about neither?? :) 

 B // Book? 
Wait... you mean I’m only supposed to choose one?? :P Well, at the moment I’m reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Super interesting so far! The other books I have out from the library are Victim of Grace by Robin Jones Gunn and Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert. (These are two of my FAVORITE authors! Super excited to start reading these.) I may or may not have also downloaded 14 free kindle books today. Here’s a link to Bethany Publisher House’s specials

 C // Cake or pie? 
I’ll eat any dessert... But I have to go with cake for this one. But not the store-bought birthday cakes... more like the blueberry coffee cake, or my mom’s gluten free chocolate cake. :) 


 D // Drink of choice? 
Iced coffee!! Most definitely. :) Although I have also been drinking quite a few Arnold Palmer’s lately. It’s feeling like summer! :) 

 E // Essential item? 
I really don’t even know what to say for this one... Air? Food? Water? I don’t really consider any of those to be an “item”. 

 F // Favorite color? 
Aqua. I love telling people that. :) 

 G // Game to play or watch? 
At the moment... good old Mario Kart Wii with my siblings. :) We really need to get back to board games this summer, though! 

 H // Hometown? 
That would be classified information. ;) 

 I // Indulgence? 
Doctor Who. ;D Been watching way too much lately!! And as far as food, Dove dark chocolates. THE best. 

 J // Job? 
I’m a shelver at a tiny local library! Seriously my dream job!! I’ve been going to this library since I was probably 8, and all of the librarians I now work with knew me then. I used to hope they would ask me to volunteer or offer me a job on the spot when I was like 12, just because I loved it there so much. God is pretty cool like that!! :D 

 K // Kids and names? 
No kids. Besides my siblings. ;) And my “Favorite Names” list constantly changes. I haven’t really been contemplating that lately. 

 L // Life is incomplete without...? 
God’s grace. 

 M // Music group or singer? 
I am really bad in this area... which is kind of amusing seeing that I am a musician. ;) I love pretty much anything instrumental. So my favorite musicians are pretty much all of the amazing Youtube artists who arrange instrumental covers. :) 

 N // Number of siblings? 
Three! One brother, one sister, and one baby brother who was born into Jesus’ arms. :) 

 O // Oranges or apples? 
Oranges. Or apples with peanut butter, almond butter, or chocolate. :) 

 P // Phobias and fears? 
I really don’t like the dark. As in, dark open spaces. I live out in the country, so I guess I get paranoid sometimes. I also don’t like snakes or heights. 

 Q // Quote? 
I really like quotes, but can never seem to remember them. :/ It’s quite annoying. SO I apologize that I have no quotes for you at this time. But hey! I’ll give you my favorite Bible verse instead!! :) “And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died for them and was raised again.” 2 Corinthians 5:15 

 R // Reason to smile? 
Way too many reasons. But mostly just knowing that God is good. Sometimes it makes me smile, sometimes it makes me cry. 

 S // Season?
I think Fall would have to be my favorite. Spring used to be my favorite, until this year when we really didn’t get a spring. ;) 

 T // Tattoos? 
Nope. 

 U // Unknown fact? 
… I’ve never been on a full-fledged rollercoaster?? :) Just not really my thing. 

 V // Vegetables you love? 
Ooh, yay!! :) I think my favorites would have to be green beans, snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, and avacado. I eat salads almost every day for lunch, but I really need to add some more vegetables. :) 

 W // Worst habit? 
Being grumpy. Being lazy. 

 X // X-rays you've had? 
Really boring ones. Like, only at the dentist and the orthodontist. :P Besides that, I’ve never needed one! :) 

 Y // Your favorite food? 
Quesadillas were my favorite... and still are, besides the fact that I can no longer have them. :P Gummies are my all-time favorite candy.. and my favorite meal is probably Sesame chicken at this fantastic Chinese restaurant. :) I also love burrito bowls. 

 Z // Zodiac? 
Psh. I have no idea. :P Well, that’s a lovely way to end! ;) 

 Thanks so much for reading!! If you take this survey, comment below with the link so I can read it! Also, thanks again to Kelli for the idea! Definitely beat some writer’s block. ;)

6 comments:

  1. A post! :D So excited to see ya'll back! ^.^

    Really cool post! I do feel like I know you much better.(: Why can't you have tortillas? (I hate them. My Mexican family *actually* disowned me because of it. Oh well.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm glad to be back! We have some cool ideas for the blog this summer if we can make them work! :)

    I suppose I should have clarified. ;) I can have tortillas! I just can't have cheese. And the burrito bowls... they're just WAY easier to eat than burritos. Unless their my mom's wet burritos - THOSE are fantastic.
    I could keep talking about food.. I kinda like food a lot. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't wait! ^.^

    Lactose-intolerant? Milk intolerant? (cow's milk makes me sick--I once had it straight from the cow, and it made me throw up. the stuff that has the lactose taken out of it even makes me sick) Have you tried goat cheese? Every now and then we get goat cheese pizza, and it's delish! Mmmm... I <3 food too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would technically be classified as a "dairy sensitivity". ;) I just get sick when I have it, and per my natural health doctor's suggestion I decided to just leave it altogether. I can still handle chocolate, desserts, and such.. I haven't tried goat cheese as a substitute, though! I may have to try that one. :)

    My mom is dairy sensitive as well as gluten sensitive, so we get used to limited diets in our household. But we feel so much better because of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doctor Who! That's one of my indulgences, too ;) i've been introducing Josh to it too but he's not really into it yet - we've only watched the first two or three of "new Who" so it hasn't gotten really good yet for him. Anyway, thanks for sharing your survey with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Thanks for the comment, Kelli! :)

    I have been watching WAY too much Who. I'm already into the 7th season.. and I think I started three months ago. :P I've gotten my brother and a few friends hooked on it! I always tell them to "keep watching", though. It only gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure that your comments are appropriate and mature, as well as respectful of others' viewpoints. We welcome your feedback and discussion, but will delete any inappropriate comments.