Friday, April 12, 2013

Currently

Well, I decided to try one of these "Currently" posts!  I hope you enjoy reading, and I'd love to hear what you are "Currently" enjoying! :)  


OBSESSING
Iced Coffee!  Starbucks Frappucinos were originally what introduced me to the coffee-drinking world, but being dairy free has ruled those out.  *sadface*  However, we now have a Keurig in the house, so my coffee cravings have been satisfied, although I still have not managed to drink a black cup of coffee. ;)   Anyway, enough of my coffee history!!  A couple of weeks ago, on our way home from a road trip, we stopped at Dunkin’ Donuts for coffee and a rest stop.  After glancing wistfully at the milk-laden choices, I realized I could still have a plain iced coffee without dairy.  I was doubtful that it would actually taste good without the usual dairy goodness, even if I was adding coconut syrup (Coconut is another obsession of mine)... but it did!  I have not yet had a chance to patronize a local coffee shop for another iced coffee... But I don’t think I can go much longer without one! ;)



ADORING
Yep!  My family has a new member!  It’s been quite an interesting few weeks.   Our new puppy is an English Shepherd, and his name is Louie. :)  He’s really adorable, and everyone we see loves him.  I love him, too, but I appreciate his obedient moments more and more!   Here’s a picture, because a picture says all there is to say!  :)  

He's now almost 11 weeks.  He's getting so big! :) 

STRESSING
Ever have one of those months where every competition, deadline, trip, and just plain busyness hits all at once??  Yeah, that’s April for me!!  I have a road trip next weekend, and some violin and piano performances scattered throughout the month.  I love playing music, but sometimes I’d rather not need to memorize pieces and perform them for an evaluator.  Blah! ;)  Besides all of those things, I desperately need to finish schoolwork on time this year, which hasn’t happened for the last... five years of my homeschool experience.  BUT I do have to say that God has really been showing his grace to me through everything that's going on right now. Just the little things that he does to show me that it's going to be OK. I guess I'll give an example of something I wasn't really planning on sharing. I was working at the library, pretty much all day, on a day when I really need to study for something happening tomorrow. I was kind of stressed out, and was trying to keep myself distracted with various tasks. But in the last hour, a family that I haven't seen in probably a year came into the library. I used to babysit these kids, and the way they smiled at me and lit up when they saw me made my heart smile! It completely made my week! There wasn't even any epiphany that happened or any significance in seeing those particular people. But it brightened my day. :)

EATING
Because I really love food. :P  A few days ago my mom made some natural peanut butter bars, and guess what?  They have coconut oil in them!  They are super good, and I think I may have to share the recipe soon with you all! :)  She also made this smoothie made with apples, pears, avocado, and spinach; I ended up liking it a whole lot more than I thought I would!  

READING
Oh my goodness!! I have been reading quite a bit lately!  At least, more than I have been able to do with my normal schedule.  Here are some of the books I’ve been reading:

  1. The Lightning Thief, the first book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, by Rick Riordan.   Not my ideal choice of genre, although it was pretty close!  I definitely enjoyed it, but my head was swimming with crazy ideas by the end of each chapter.  I have the second book now, so I should finish that this week. :)  
  2. My Stubborn Heart, by Becky Wade.  THIS was a good book.  There were a few personal preference things that I didn’t like... But overall, it was an interesting modern romance.  I loved the characters.  And I wasn’t completely expecting the ending, which is always good. :)
  3. The Short-Straw Bride, by Karen Witemeyer.  Can I just say that I love Historical Fiction books?  They’re pretty wonderful!  :D  This one was especially good!  I love the struggles that the characters had to work through, and the personalities were fantastic.  I really enjoy Karen Witemeyer’s books, but there were a few adult topics.  As with many romances books, of course.  This was probably one of my favorite books of hers, though, I must say! :)  
Hopefully, I’ll be able to share some more detailed book reviews in the future!



What have you currently been Obsessing, Adoring, Stressing, Eating, or Reading? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure that your comments are appropriate and mature, as well as respectful of others' viewpoints. We welcome your feedback and discussion, but will delete any inappropriate comments.