Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Small Blessings

     Just a short note of observation about how God really does work all things together for good! (Not that whether I acknowledge it or not makes any difference.)

     Several years ago, my dad lost his job. He was able to get odds and ends jobs, such as census work, or working at the library, but things were still tight. A small background piece of information for you, our family has never had "luck" with toasters. Well, our toaster  had died again, and it was definitely not on the budget to get a new one. We hadn't said anything to anyone, I mean, come on, it's a toaster. But then at a baby shower for a lady at our church, a older lady we didn't know very well came up to mom and asked if we needed a toaster, because they had two for an odd reason. We have that toaster to this day.

     When I was in grade school, I was involved in softball. For the first couple years, it's mostly just fun, but then it becomes a little more serious and girls start dropping out. The first year that I didn't know anyone on my team also became my last, and it was a really frustrating and disappointing season. I'm an introvert, and I don't make friends. Pretty much period. I did actually talk to some of the girls though. Now last fall I started looking for a part time job and one of the girls grandma runs a small dollar store which I applied at. She called me back about a month later and said that she doesn't usually do this, but because I'd played softball with her granddaughter, and she kinda knew my family, she'd hire me! What a huge blessing it's been to me so far. And if I hadn't persevered through that softball season, I might not have gotten the opportunity.

     And the most recent, and most painful. Festival. Band festival. We had districts two weeks ago, and we were the difference between a A- and a B+ from an overall one, which would mean that we could advance to state. Our whole band was disappointed because we had really done well. But the other day I was looking at my schedule for the next month or so, (FULL) and saw that the potential state festival dates conflicted with a large youth group weekend activity, and with our church's senior honors banquet. God does know best, even when we throw a fit because it isn't working out according to our human perspective. You can trust Him. Always.

His Eye is on the Sparrow, and on you and me!

      I've got a prayer request for this couple who are going through some health issues that make all my problems seem like nothing, could you pray for them with me? Living in High Definition is where they are updating their prayer warriors. 

2 comments:

  1. Praying.(: You have such a great story-telling voice! I hope everything works out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for praying. I don't know that I have a great story voice. But if you say so!

      Delete

Please make sure that your comments are appropriate and mature, as well as respectful of others' viewpoints. We welcome your feedback and discussion, but will delete any inappropriate comments.