Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Meet Calliope

Welcome to our blog!


    My chosen muse is Calliope, the muse of epic poetry, also known as the muse of eloquence, whose name means “Beautiful Voice.”  She is the eldest and chief of the muses, and was also said to be the wisest.  I am not particularly eloquent, and I do not claim to have a beautiful voice or to be wiser than my friends, but I somehow seem to have more similarities with her than I do with the other muses.  She was said to have been the mother of several, some of whom changed the musical realm.  She was also thought to have inspired Homer to write his Illiad and The Odyssey. (You’re welcome for that!) 



So there you have it!  It was actually quite interesting researching Calliope.  Although Clio, Erato, and Thalia may focus on specific topics or styles of posts, I am the oddball of the group. :)  I enjoy a variety of activities and studies which include music (violin, piano, and voice,) horsemanship, reading, crafting, attending musicals, knitting, baking, and having discussions with my fellow muses. ;)  I also apologize ahead of time for my obsessive use of smileys. ;)  I am definitely a farm girl.  I am not sporty at all, but I love paintball and/or reball. (And I recently tried my hand at laser tag! :D)  I am the oldest of three children, and I have been home educated all the way through.  
  


I have previously written book reviews for a blog, so that style of post may make its appearance here.  I am not much of an essay person unless I have had much time to reflect, and to discuss topics with others.   But when I’ve had time to formulate what I think and why, you’ll be hearing from me! ;)  I also may join in with Erato on some creative posts.  I also love to share resources that have encouraged and inspired me.  If you have an idea of something I could attempt to post about, feel free to contact me!  I’m up for the challenge.  In fact, that is part of the purpose of this blog.  For us to challenge ourselves to write, to pursue excellence, to be creative, to encourage, to make you all laugh, to ultimately glorify our God, and to have fun and to learn while doing it!  I pray we will be a blessing to you all, and that you will feel welcome here!  I'm sure you will find out more about our individual personalities in the posts to come. ;)

~Calliope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure that your comments are appropriate and mature, as well as respectful of others' viewpoints. We welcome your feedback and discussion, but will delete any inappropriate comments.